1. I am breaking in my new high heels for our fancy black tie dinner next week. My toes have gone numb on and off throughout the day, but as they say– it’s better to look good than feel good. And these shoes are pretty hot.
2. My friend and I went to a kickboxing class last night– as it turns out, I very much enjoy punching things. More so, I enjoy the incredibly attractive man that teaches the class.
3. The secret to boxing– so I’m told by the beautiful man that instructs me– is being “like a turtle” in order to protect your head. Finally a sport that appreciates my shoulders constant location next to my ears and bad posture. Take that, pilates!
4. Spano is engaged! 2012 has official become the year of weddings.
5. There are currently 2 of us at the office. We’re not sure where everyone has gone, nor are we sure that we care. Once again I am officially in charge.
6. I was a super nice person (read: suck up) and sent out holiday cards to all the other assistants that I work with. Feeling in the holiday spirit, I just kept sending them to my friends in the industry. A select few also got a print out of this picture circa 2009.
7. I look absolutely RIDICULOUS– but that was the point. I get on Facebook yesterday to find that my friend appreciated my Christmas card so much that she deemed it “artwork” for her new office, so now I am looking ridiculous all over this damn city.
8. Nat and I will be having a “Christmas-party-for-two brouhaha” this evening on the Hill, which roughly means we’ll be sharing pitchers of Bud Light and an entree of chicken tenders to get in the holiday spirit. I can’t imagine a better way to really get into Christmas giving by allowing a Republican the pleasure of my company. Just kidding.
9. I can only think of 8 somewhat interesting things to tell you. I have to go back to work.
10. But first- the song of the week!