1. My dad took me out to lunch Wednesday to a restaurant that has a special of the day. As the waiter was describing the fish tacos, I looked at him and said, “but that’s Wednesday’s special and today is…oh hell, it’s Wednesday” and then put my head down. This has felt like the never ending week. 4 more hours!
2. My bosses are going to a trade show in a couple of weeks that involves a fancy banquet, as they tend to do. The organizers have a couple seats to fill at one of the VIP tables and asked if I could send a list of my staff “in order of priority.” I most certainly can. Let the character judgements commence!
3. Studying for the GRE has not been nearly as painful as I expected, although there have been some embarrassingly long pauses during my math tutoring (finally– working with a shit ton of nerds is beneficial). How the hell am I suppose to remember the equation to find the volume of a cylinder? Especially since I probably never knew it in the first place.
4. I also get quizzed on my vocab every afternoon. I’ve got FIVE HUNDRED vocabulary flashcards– mostly of words that I’ve never heard of. For example, why the fuck would I know that abstemious means moderate in appetite.
5. I recognize that I’m failing miserably in my quest to entertain you all as of late. Work has been busy, life has been good–but uneventful–and therefore, I’ve been spending quite a bit of time staring at a blank page. If you have something interesting to say, let me know! Otherwise, someone scheme up some trouble for me because I’ve been staying home a lot. And I’m not sorry about it.
Have a good weekend!