1. I went to the gym this morning. Win!
2. Then I got to the office and ate an entire bagel with cream cheese (breakfast), soup I made and froze a month ago that is 2 parts cream and 1 part butter (lunch) and an entire mini-box of Chees-Itz (snack). Fail.
3. None of that really matters because my BFF4EVA is coming to DC today! And while I realized she should get top billing, the fact that I made it up and out of the house that early in the day is something to be proud of. Be impressed, morning people. I made it up and out of the house before 7AM and only forgot half my belongings.
4. Als0, I am wearing my really heavy winter wool coat that is a little bit damp from the rain last night, so I smell like a wet dog. Did I mention it was 65 degrees and sunny in DC today? Good work, Rachel.
5. BFF4EVA and I are catching the bus to NYC tomorrow. Everyone keeps asking me what our plans are for the Big Apple (as opposed to the Mini Apple from which we hail) and the answer is– I have no idea. Louisa and I have been together long enough to know the drill. I handle logistics, she handles entertainment.
6. Normally when we travel together all we do is get lost. And then we get frustrated. And then thirsty. And end up pissing the day away at the first dive bar we can find and forgetting to everything. We’re trying to avoid that this trip. She’s got a schedule and I’ve got comfortable walking shoes and a sworn promise that I’ll have to spend no more than 5 hours in a museum.
7. My friend Gigi goes over to my grandfather’s house once or twice a week to make him dinner. The other night my grandfather looked at Gigi’s fiance Alex and said, “You like that food? It’s really good – a friend of mine made it. I think you’d like her.”
After he killed himself laughing he said, “oh shit, that’s funny” and went back to his ice cream. The best man on earth, y’all. I’m telling you.
8. I took a GRE online practice test the other day and it didn’t go well, guys. Anyone know of grad programs that don’t require that stupid test? Because I think that’s my next plan. For real– who uses the word mendicant in a sentence EVER? It means beggar, by the way.
9. Taking the day off work tomorrow– back Monday with either wild stories about how Lou and I tore up the town OR stories about how we walked in circles for three days straight. Which we did once. The Chicago Loop was really confusing when we were 18.
10. Late on the draw, as per usual.