1. Today is my LAST DAY of work. I’ve been bored to tears more or less since I gave notice, so I’m pretty excited about this. The idea of going home to clean the shit out of my house is actually appealing because it will be productive.
2. I have about 10 days off before I start my new job and I am extremely excited about this, because many exciting things are happening (in addition to cleaning the shit out of my house) before then. My cousin Josephina is coming to visit this weekend and then I’m flying home to Minnesota for Gigi’s wedding. We did the stag party right, so I assume the wedding will be equally as awesome.
3. Josephine is one of the best house guests ever because she loves a solid nap as much as I do. Or if I look at her and say–listen girl, welcome to DC. It’s raining, so we’re going to watch a movie, she’s all for it. Or– listen girl, my rugby friend from college is in town so we’re going to take car bomb shots at 1PM on a Sunday. Equally down. That’s a good cousin and house guest.
4. But prior to Josephine’s arrival, after I clean the shit out of my household and sleep until noon and wrangle every article of business attire I have to the dry cleaners, I’m doing something even more exciting than mid-day car bombs– I’m going trapezing!
I’d like to say that I’m going to glide through the air with the greatest of ease, but realistically speaking I’ll most likely suck at it. I’m not the most coordinated person on earth and while I’m sure I’ll talk a whole shit ton of game, I’m sure I’ll climb up the ladder and be real scared.
5. I promise to take pictures. And probably video.
6. With the completion of my job is also the remove of my electronic tether. I handed over my blackberry to the new assistant yesterday and my iPad this morning. Everything feels so light when you only have one phone to carry around and you instantly feel like less of an asshole.
There was once I was checking something on my iPad, responding to my boss on my blackberry and calling a co-worker on my personal phone at the same time. I’ve never been so ashamed of myself.
7. Or super proud of my super business lady multi-tasking skills because we all know that was a rough start.
8. With that said, I’m without a computer or any means to blog for about a week, so bear with me. It might also take some time to adjust to the new job and their expectations of internet usage during the work day, so bear with me there as well. Feel free to call or e-mail if you’re worried I’m dead. I won’t be. Just extra busy running around town in a power suit and running shit.
9. I do have Tuesday and Wednesday off in the District next week before heading to the 612. Does anyone have some great must do daytime activities holler at the girl not working for me?
10. I’ve literally had this song in my head for about 3 days now. And I’m only a little bit ashamed. And that shame has mostly to do with posting the Bieber version of the song.