OY VEY x 340,098
I’m feeling a little bit anxious about the new job, new semester, longer commute, what-if-no-one-likes-me feelings of late. So much so that I declared to R that starting on September 8 – my first day of work – I would no longer commit to any plans, save for when it was my turn to make dinner. And I hope you think, darling, that cheese and chips make a fine meal.
There is much to be said about knowing your job, knowing that if the phone rings and if it’s a member, reporter, solicitor, etc. that you most likely have an answer. And if you don’t have an answer, you know exactly where to find it.
I find comfort in routines and anticipating the questions. Not understanding the rules – where they can bend, what makes them break – makes me anxious. I fear I will resemble a deer in the headlights for the next couple of months. And that knowledge in and of itself makes me want to take a very long nap.
IN OTHER NEWS
- I bought these shoes and it’s very unclear to me whether they are ugly-ugly or cute-ugly. My favorite work husband told me they looked like old lady orthopedic sandals and I am oddly comfortable with that information.
- And also bought a pair of Birkenstocks because everyone in Copenhagen had a pair and I was jealous. The first day I wore them, I developed quite the blister and googled “breaking in Birkenstocks OMG” and found this gem.
- I want to live in this apartment. I can make pictures hang level like a boss but that is where all of my decorating skills end. I kept looking at these photographs thinking how did she know how to do that?
- One picture of Iceland to help convince you to book travel immediately, if not sooner.
- And I’ve been listening to this song non-stop: